Maybe it IS worth having a pet spider to get rid of those unwanted insects!
- In the year 2000, poison centers in the US responded to 86,880 poisoning incidents related to pesticides and half of those incidents involved children under six years old.
- Pesticides and chemicals used on a lawn can be absorbed by your bare feet or carried into your home on your shoes.
- Most pesticides can’t tell a bad bug from a useful one. They are toxic to birds, bees, and other insects which help pollinate flowers.
- Approximately 90 percent of all households in the U.S. use pesticides.
- Improperly disposed pesticides can move through the soil and reach drinking water supplies.